It's not always easy to find something fun to do on Valentine's Day, especially if you're single, or a procrastinator. Luckily, there are some really cool options here in Northern Colorado this year.
1. Anti-Valentine'sDay: Harold & Maude at The Lyric, 9:15pm - I love this movie. It's the rarely told story of a young guy that falls in love with an old lady. Classic.
2. ValentinesDay Screening: Amélie at The Lyric, 6:30pm - Ok, same place but a little earlier, and a little more lovey dovey of a movie. I'll be honest, I like this one too, but be ready to read the whole thing as it's in French.
3. Valentine's Day Celebration at New Belgium, 11am to 8pm - New Belgium is doing something really cool, it's a fancy shmancy sour and chocolate pairing, pretty much all day. This one's sure to rock her socks.
4. 6th Annual Firkin Fest at High Hops Brewery, 3pm - The coolest place in Windsor, High Hops Brewery, will be tapping 14 specialty small batch beers, including some throwbacks along with new stuff. Come on, can you think of a better way to kick off your Valentine's Day?
5. FoCoUnderground Comedy Showcase at Carnegie Center for Creativity, 8pm - They say laughter is the best medicine, and you can split your sides with an all-star lineup of Nathan Lund, Ailis Kennedy and your host Jacob Erdman.
6. WBTWednesday and Free Live Music at Old Chicago, 5pm - Old Chicago is having some fun on Valentine's Day with a name that beer contest and live music from Josh Vogeler. Plus, it's free!
7. MakeMore Art & Make More Music Battle at The Downtown Artery, 8pm - I love The Downtown Artery for so many reasons, and one of them is that they are always coming up with creative, artsy, music-y ideas, and this is a really cool one. Art vs. Music...just like in college!
8. Brian Johandsome trio’s sad sack valentimes dance at Lucky Joe's, 9pm - Yeah, there are some typos but I'm pretty sure they're intentional, so I'm keeping them. Brian will be joined by Josh Long and Ben O'Connoron for a cool, free show.
9. Valentines Murder Mystery at Dungeons & Drafts, 6pm - Dungeons & Drafts is hosting a 1920's themed murder mystery night. I mean, if she wants to do that, she's a keeper!
10. DeVotchKa and Stella Luce at Washington's, 7pm - I'm only putting this one on here because it's GOING TO BE AWESOME! However, it is sold out, so if you can score a ticket you'll be golden. And if you do, you're welcome for the heads up.